Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thailand Convention, Cabo










Hello from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!

I arrived yesterday from Bangkok, Thailand where we just held the Thailand 2008 national convention. The convention had been scheduled for early December but had to be postponed due to the protests that closed the airport. Regardless of all the challenges and hassles with making a change like this at the last minute the event was super! The attendance was about 6,500 strong and the energy was off the chart. Thailand has set growth records in 2006, 2007, and now 2008 and I am willing to go on record saying they will do it again.
On the way to Thailand I visited Hawaii and Japan and met with some of our great leaders in those markets. Japan had an incredible month in December with some of our young superstars growing by almost 100% month over month. The Japanese leaders tell me that 2009 is their year to break all the records. I won’t argue but Thailand, Europe and Korea may differ with them. When I told Joe, our top leader in Thailand, about the goal of the Japanese leaders to be the top market in 2009 he smiled and said “we’ll see about that.”

The sun is shining in Cabo, the beach is pristine, and the ocean a deep beautiful blue. This resort is wonderful and the service is beyond fantastic—in fact I have never had service like this in a resort hotel and I have stayed in some nice places. I think all our North American Paradise Reward Trip qualifiers are going to love it here.

All the best,
Stewart

No comments: