Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

Happy New Year!

I hope each of you enjoyed a restful and renewing break this past holiday season. I enjoyed being with my family and doing some skiing. The pictures you see here are taken while I was skiing in some glades at a resort near our office in Orem. In fact you can see Orem in the distance from the top of the mountain.

I love the mountains. Maybe it is because there are so many great parallels between building a business and climbing a mountain. Every time I am up in the mountains I remember these parallels and even think of others, and that motivates me even more. As we begin a new year I would like to share some of these parallels with you over the next few weeks in my blog.

First of all, in order to build a successful business or to scale a difficult mountain peak you need to have a clearly defined goal and be committed to it. Just wandering around a mountain will not get you to the top, in fact most people who wander actually end up going downhill. In order to get to the top your objective needs to be clear and straightforward. Mountain climbers have clearly defined goals—they have a burning desire to reach the top of the mountain. People who desire to build a successful business need the same clearly focused goal behavior. You must establish where you want to go and when you want to be there. Wishy-washy people simply don’t accomplish great things and they never reach their potential and that is very sad.

Hopefully you have already made your goals for 2008. If not please do yourself a big favor and do it NOW! You will accomplish so much more by taking the time to set your sights on the summit you want to achieve. Unicity International is going to have a great year in 2008. Make sure you are a part of it!

All the best,
Stewart

No comments: