Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving!

In the United States we celebrate Thanksgiving Day each year on the the fourth Thursday of November. So tomorrow, November 27th, is our Thanksgiving Day this year. I think most other nations around the world also have a day set aside to remember all of the good that has been given to them, a day to express gratitude.

There is no doubt that most of us have much to be grateful for this year. Certainly success in business is important and can provide many wonderful blessings, but in a deeper and far more fundamental way our hearts turn to blessings other than money and worldly things. Our families, our deeply held beliefs, our health and our opportunities to serve others and to be served by others. These and other considerations are on our minds when we think about gratitude, appreciation and thanksgiving. During this special time of year I think about these great blessings that have been given to me.

One of the more special blessings is my association with each of you. Over the past few years I have made so many new friends and hold those friendships very dear. I have strengthened old friendships and also treasure those associations. My sense of our purpose as a company creates a sustainable source of energy for me and I am very grateful for that. I hope you can feel my appreciation for you and all that you do to make life better for others in your sphere of influence.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Stewart

No comments: